Wednesday, January 16, 2008

changes in density, shift in the field


(Click on images to enlarge)

I probably worked on this for about 8 hours yesterday and then 2 this morning. I think I am at the edge of knowing something about shells, piles of shells, allowing thoughts to come and go, watching my attachments to something and getting past boundaries.. or at least having a different way of approaching the edges while fighting the mind's need for discrete borders as my tired eyes blur in relaxed confusion.
We operate knowing about the edges of things. I wonder what we are actually perceiving and rely on in the expected perception of an edge?
I have had the experience of knowing that a step ends here, but then finding out that I am very wrong. Free falling, even an inch or two can be very disturbing. I think if we had to consciously relearn what we know about space, it would very interesting. Getting it wrong is stranger that not knowing. In the dark, we 'know' we have to be careful. Getting it wrong, thinking we know something that is not true, wakes us up to something else.

No comments: